Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Boot Camp

I don’t even know what to say. This class was one the hardest things I’ve done in a long time.
If you want to get into great shape, spend your lunch hour with Faydra the boot camp instructor. The class is intense intervals of cardio and endurance weights instructed at three levels (level dependent on fitness. It’s kind of like choose your own adventure: boot camp style).
And when I say intense I mean sprints, burpees, push-ups, squats, lunges, plank, foot fire, and probably more… but I’m trying to forget…
It would be a challenge for anyone!
But there was a variety of different people at this class: every shape and size, young, old, male, female. It didn’t matter. It was just a great group of people looking for a great noon hour workout.
I’m so glad I did it, because it really opened my eyes to how out of shape I am… and to how in shape I want to be. So I’m going to be making it one of my goals to consistently get my butt kicked by Faydra, and I’ll let you guys keep me accountable. (I’ll be checking into the Y via Facebook every Tuesday. Make sure I go!)
I won’t lie, it was dreadfully hard and sometimes I wanted to die.
But I felt so good and proud afterwards... I guess…No pain, No gain.

For anyone who wants a challenge, join me Tuesday at 12:10pm at the YMCA fitness center.
Because the first class is always the hardest, right? (Pray for me that this is true)

No comments:

Post a Comment