Friday, March 16, 2012

Pickleball & All

So I tried Pickleball last night for the first time, and oh boy, was I pleasantly surprised…




Before I attended the drop in session I thought it would be a good idea to google up ‘Pickleball’ and see what it was all about.  What I got from the search was that it was a mix of tennis, badminton, and ping-pong, except more accessible to a wider range of audiences (mainly seniors and children).

So from my two minute online research of Pickleball, I kinda expected it to be a pretty easy going sport. But it actually got pretty intense and competitive. Now don’t get me wrong, it can defiantly be a more relaxing sport because it requires less running and the courts are quite small. But Pickleball requires mad skills and agility.

My fiancé and I were defiantly sweating by the end of it.

I will mention that the Pickleball crowd is a little more mature, but that won’t stop me from going again. Everyone was great and very welcoming (also very skilled at Pickleball). Next time I think I’ll invite some more friends out and get a doubles tournament going. Anyone in?

No comments:

Post a Comment