Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A "Titleless" Entry

Hello,

How are you today?

This afternoon I went to a school to do a Healthy Kids Marathon Presentation, and it was held in the library. I had 10 minutes before groups started coming in, so I went around the library to check out all the books.

I FEEL OLD!!!!!!

Seriously, I do. As I was going around, I saw a lot of kids books that I have never heard of. The books I used to read are nowhere to be seen, or at least I could not find them. For example, when I was in elementary, my favourite series to read was the Boxcar Children. No one probably even knows that this series exists today. Now all you find is fantasy related books. In my time (sigh, did I just say that?!), fantasy books that were popular were the Goosebumps series and Lord of the Rings. Harry Potter came into the picture when I was in grade 6.

Where did Franklin, The Bernstein Bears, Curious George et al go? LOL! All the books I saw were new for me. I need to start reading again. Reading in the sense, novels and not research papers or reports. Haha! However, even new, there were a couple of books that looked interesting. When I am relatively freer I'll check them out.

Anyways, I'll be done going to schools in a couple of days, and I'm coming along with this research paper too. Life isn't that stressing at the moment, which surprises me. LOL!

Oh wait, I need to study too. Scratch that!

Take care,
Simmi

No comments:

Post a Comment