Monday, April 29, 2013

Y Citizen!

Hello!

So for the past couple of weeks, all I have been doing is researching on communities and school visits. I was pretty sad that I had nothing to blog about. How many times can I discuss how my research is going, or that age groups are making me go crazy? So on Friday I decided to take a break from all of that and go to Y Citizens!

I took a shortcut, and decided to visit the After School Care at Westwood before heading over to the Westwood Church. I was just curious how After School Care was at Westwood; I had only visited the one at Highland. I wonder why? LOL! Well at Westwood, the only difference was that they had a book on Sailor Moon! Do kids nowadays even know about her? Yes, yes, one of my childhood favourites.

So at Y Citizen, I got a pleasant surprise of meeting Hong there; I did not know she would be there. It was nice seeing a familiar face! When I got there, there was only one child there and it was spring cleaning day. If we finished cleaning, we would be able to finish watching The Hobbit (reminder: need to read this).

What better way of sharing my experience than through pictures?

Y Citizens through colour
Jamie picking up Mira!

Jamie picked up by Mira; you pick me up, I'll pick you up
Tyanan getting ready to watch The Hobbit
The schedule!!!!!
Martin getting comfy!
The talented Jason!
Destiny - she is an amazing artist!!
Holly finishing up her snack
Hong getting ready to play The Hobbit
Everyone getting ready to watch The Hobbit; well Destiny decided not to and do some crafts

There's my experience experience through pictures!

A little about Y Citizens:
It's After School Care for children ages 10-13; a place where the children can develop leadership and planning skills. 

That's all for now!
Simmi

No comments:

Post a Comment