Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Boot camp: Outside


Geez louise. Just when I thought it couldn’t get any harder.

So boot camp class was outside today, and as usual it was very tough.  Class was held at Masich stadium right across the street from the Y. I had a little bit of head cold today and almost convinced myself that I better skip boot camp and rest. But then this quote came up on twitter

Wow, I really regret that workout.’’ - No one ever #inspirationalquotes.

I really didn’t want to go to boot camp today but because of this quote I decided to go.

We started class with a warm up around the track that continued into high kicks, bum kicks, and side-ways jumping jack things. Then before you know it we are running sprints, running up the bleachers, and doing burpees. But the worst of all was the “tunnel of love” or otherwise nick named the “tunnel of terror” by the regulars. This exercise had us running up and down the steep side of the hill connected to the track. We ran in a line, kind of emulating a tunnel, hence the name. My lungs were on fire.

Anyways, you really need to try this class for yourself. My descriptions can’t do them justice. Plus bikini season is coming. This class will surely whip you into shape. Trust me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment