Friday, April 27, 2012

The Y Challenge...

So, those of you who read the blog (week challenge), that I posted on Sunday will know that I set up a challenge for myself this week. A Y challenge where I had scheduled a number of fitness classes for the week.

The week is almost over and the last class that I am scheduled to attend is Spring Training Boot camp, today at 12:10. But I have made an executive decision not to go. I know this sounds bad and you`re probably thinking... `` Only one more class...seriously, just do it and finish the challenge,`` But I am ridiculously sore and weak today. I think I may have bit off more than I can chew, because interval sculpt k-i-c-k-e-d my bum.

I feel I may risk the chance of an over use injury, or worse if I decide to go to a second boot camp class this week. So for a sake of progress (and rest), I think I am going to pass on this class. And once I'm stronger, fitter, and need less time to recuperate. I will try again. The challenge will be there next week.

I think I have learned how to listen to my body and I have learned how to push myself, but also how to not  push myself too hard. So with some patience and preservation I think I will be able to complete the Y challenge in the not too distant future.

Because the challenge won`t get easier, but I will get better...

No comments:

Post a Comment