Friday, April 13, 2012

Learning to Run: Stride N Glide Field trip


April showers!

My car window is down and I feel relieved as I take in a deep breath of clean, fresh air. My fiancé, Graham, is driving and pulls into the YMCA parking lot at 5:29pm. I feel a little rushed and jump out of the car as soon as it stops.  “Look, I got you here with one minute to spare” utters Graham. I ignore his snarky remark and swing around the car to his window to give him a kiss goodbye. As our noises touch I feel a sharp jolt and we both jerk backwards and start to laugh. (*Electric shock, ouch*) We continue to giggle and I rub my noise. I reluctantly try to give him a kiss again and say goodbye. I hurry into the Y foyer. I wave a quick hello to everyone we are all off for our run.
We head down town from the Y to Stride and Glide for our shoe tutorial. I meet some new runners in our group and we chat about what we do. Nicole and Lindsey are teachers. Janette is a student. Carol is an accountant. And I let them know that I work at the Y and I’ll probably blog about them. J
We arrive at Stride N Glide and pack ourselves in front of the shoe display. A lean, tall man gives us the scoop about running shoes.” Pic <shoes>
This is what I took away

  1.  Come in for a shoe fitting. They can spend up to 30-45 minutes with you to make sure you get the right shoe
  2. Life of a running shoe = 500-800km ( about 8-10 months)
  3. Socks can be just an important as the shoe
  4. Don’t choose a shoe based on colour/fashion… this is my downfall


“We leave Stride N Glide and head back to the YMCA. I’m excited about returning to Stride N Glide this weekend for a new pair of runners.”

Yahoo shoe shopping this weekend! Also Graham and I start beginner ballroom on Sunday from 6:00pm-7:00pm. Come join us!

Me “Graham can you take dance lessons with me?”
Graham’s initial response, “Doctors don’t have time for dancing.”
I punch him.
Graham hate's dancing, but he loves me. So we dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment