Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Boot Camp and Friends


Yesterday was a Boot Camp party. Graham (fiancé), Laura (co-worker & friend), and Hannah (Laura’s sister and new friend) all came to join in on the boot camp fun. 

We did the usual hills, sprints, and stairs. It was hard, but it was great. I enjoy working out with others. When I see others working hard, I work harder.

But not everyone strives off others.

I learned something new about Graham yesterday. He told me that he doesn’t enjoy class environments and feels that he actually pushes himself harder when he workouts by himself.  This was strange to me because I work in the complete opposite. If I’m alone… I slack. I have no one to keep me accountable. I need accountability.

But I guess everyone is motivated differently.

How do you get motivated to work out and work hard?

Super Awkward for me.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know about this "accountability" that sounds like mostly gym instructors talk about to gain membership. I think a person needs to be ready to change their life style for a more healthy one that includes working out / exercising the body on a regular basis. How happy are people being over weight and lazy.. ya lazy because there body is tired from carrying all the extra weight around, with grease and all kinds of junk running through the blood system goes right through the brain too, so motivation is snuffed out by JUNK FOOD! I know, I started working out only a few months ago now and feel much better these days than I did before working out. My strength has increased and energy level is getting higher and wanting wrong foods is all fading away because the body desires good healthy energy food almost automatically after a month or 2 of working out.. ya so that's great. But joining a gym is good too, I used to take GuFu when I was a teen and I and my body knows what being in great shape is like, and once you know this kinda energy and strength its like an addiction in its own way. As of lately I been thinking of joining the ymca in PG or some other gym to know more ppl who enjoy living healthy. Because junkfood and the couch and struggling to get around is not/was not fun.. Included in my personal changes to living healthy was adding PG YMCA (amongst others) on my facebook likes. No, I added ymca after weeks of working out. Work out first the rest of good ideas followed.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for the post. I defiantly agree with you. A person defiantly needs to be ready for change before they can find the motivation that helps them to work out.
    I know what you mean about feeling better after exercising regularly and eating right. I feel so much better as well. I think that it's awesome that you have found a fitness regime that works for you! I would love to see you at the Y sometime.

    ReplyDelete