Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Boot Camp and a little bit of Advice


Wow, boot camp was really hard this week. Faydra introduced lots of new exercises and my body is defiantly feeling it today. Also, I think I made a few poor decisions on the weekend food wise too and now I’m paying for it.

There were a few new additions to our class this week as well, and they did so great. I remember how hard the first boot camp class was and I’m so happy they stuck it through. I hope they obey Faydra’s one boot camp rule: You must come to at least 2 classes! I hope to see them again, see them improve, and get stronger.

I would also like to take this opportunity to talk about how so many different things affect how you feel during your workouts.  Knowing that I have a hard workout scheduled motivates me to make good (healthy) choices for my body. But sometimes I forget… I felt like poop because of a few bad decisions.

1.  Food
I may have eaten not so healthy the day before boot camp (burger and fries…maybe dessert too), which most likely contributed to my sluggish demeanour. I swear working out is easier when you eat healthy, and actually give your body what it needs. (aka vitamins and nutrients)

2. Water
I feel so much better during workouts if I’m fully hydrated. I usually don’t have problems with drinking enough water, (because I’m a H2O bottomless pit) but if you do have trouble I’ve seen these home-made water bottles online that help keep you on track.-->

 3. Sleep
Seriously, sleep is my favourite thing. But it’s so easy to skip out on shut eye if you’re busy. Please don’t. You are not doing yourself any favours by missing vital hours your body needs for rest. You will perform better, be more productive, and be a happier person if you rest.

I know these seem so simple, but they are so easy to forget and neglect. Try keeping on track with these 3 things and I promise you will notice a difference in your workout. I can defiantly feel a difference if I decide to cheat on any of these. 

No comments:

Post a Comment