Friday, June 22, 2012

Interval Sculpt


So I made it to Interval Sculpt yesterday. 10 points for me! (In my imaginary point system, YES!)

It has been hard for me to get motivated lately, so classes are just what I need.  I need someone to tell me what to do and when to do. No choices, because I will always choose sitting/slacking, perhaps even napping, instead of working out. Half of the battle is getting to the Y. Once my body is physically in a class, at the gym, or out on the street for a run, there’s no turning back.  And once I’m there, I love it. I work hard (usually) and feel so great afterwards. I must convince my pre-workout self that it’s worth it!

This is where time traveling would come in handy. If only my sweaty, red faced post work-out self could travel through time and tell my lazy, unmotivated pre-workout self that it’s awesome! And you’ll feel great and have fun, so just go do it… But if I could really time travel I would get my future fat self to come tell my present self to go work out or you’ll end up like me (fat future me). That’ll teach me. And in an alternate future I would be super fit and… No. I’m going to stop there.

Oh dear, I think this time traveling thing is getting out of hand. Sorry for the confusion. I’m even slightly confused about how many “ME’s” there are. Anyways, I’m on the right path to getting back my work out motivation.

Also my salad a day challenge is going great. I'm getting more veggies and feeling great.

Happy Friday Everyone! Here's a recipe for the weekend.

Chocolate Covered Kiwi Pops

Did you know that kiwifruit is low calorie, nutrient dense, and an excellent source of dietary fiber, and antioxidant vitamins C and E? Combined with potent antioxidants from chocolate, this is a recipe with a feel-good factor.

Ingredients
Makes 12 pops
Prep time: 10 min, plus drying time
3 ripe, firm kiwis, peeled and sliced into roughly 1-inch rounds with a paring knife
100g chocolate chunks (I used Lindt extra creamy milk chocolate)
1 teaspoon olive oil, or melted butter
Popsicle sticks, lollipop sticks, or candy sticks
Empty cardboard egg tray, or styrofoam block



Directions

In a small bowl, microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds, then stir. 

Melt for another 30 seconds, stir. Repeat until chocolate is fully melted, smooth and shiny (mine was done in 1 minute). 

Then stir in the olive oil, or melted butter—and mix well.

Meanwhile, insert sticks into the kiwi far enough to hold the fruit without piercing through the other end. 

Dip the kiwi into the melted chocolate, making sure to coat all sides evenly. 

Insert sticks onto egg tray, or styrofoam block, and leave to dry. This will take about 30 minutes, at room temperature. Chill it in the refrigerator for a couple of minutes to speed up the process. 


2 comments:

  1. Holy Moly YUMMMY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should make some of those Hong and bring them to your co-workers!

    ReplyDelete