Friday, March 8, 2013

Hula Hooping!

Hola!

So who would have thought that you could become so sore after some Hula Hooping?! Well, yours truly has a found a way! LOL!

I have a bruised left leg, and a bruised right side of my hip. It is completely my fault for all these bruises though. I think I was a bit too overenthusiastic when I swung the hoop. In my enthusiasm, I ended up swinging the hoop in a diagonal motion which in turn ended up hitting me. Haha! You have to swing the hoop in a straight motion. I knew this, but didn't realize that I don't have the ability to swing straight till much later!

Marnie was very encouraging, and told me that I'll do fine. I swear, as a kid, I could Hula Hoop! However, yesterday it became one of the hardest things I have ever done. After a few swings that were not very linear, I realized that I needed to pay more attention to my arms or I will end up with a lot more bruising, and I bruise easily to begin with. LOL!

At least at the end I could swing relatively straight! I think the main problem was that I was not doing this just for fun, but trying to concentrate way too hard on how to move my body. It's good to know how to move your body, but sometimes it may be a good thing to let it flow and not be so stiff. When I let myself just relax, I could do about 5-6 Hulas before messing up. I was very proud! I could have done more, but I would always look down to see what the hoop was doing. It would just mess up my rhythm, and I kept on repeating this over and over again! Arrghh!

Anyways, I did enjoy it when I finally got the hang of it. So go out and try it out. It's a pretty nice workout for beginners. I want to be able to flow like a dream, like Marnie!

It's Friday!!!!!! Simmi is very happy!

Have a fun one -)
Simmi

P.S. Random Thought: I love cooking, and I just realized I am pretty good at it too! This rice was just divine to say the least. Haha!

2 comments:

  1. You should bring your co-workers some of your cooking! They would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should....I'll take a survey on how spicy everyone can handle it. LOL

    ReplyDelete