Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Meetings!!!!

Hello,

How are you on this Wednesday afternoon that I had made into Thursday for some very odd reason. For most of the day I kept thinking it was Thursday. I am so thankful for my phone. It has a calender with my schedule in it. My phone keeps me informed as to what the day is today. It may not seem a big deal to confuse days on most days, but when I've made myself a deadline it does matter.

So for the rest of this week and all of next week, I'm meeting with someone. Lets now look at my schedule. Why? Well because other than attend meetings today, I did nothing else. And as the intern, it is my intern duty to blog about my day! LOL!

Okay, lets see what I have done, and what needs to be done. So today I had a meeting in the morning that lasted a couple of hours. After lunch, I had another meeting that lasted an hour. Right after this meeting, I had another meeting which lasted a little over an hour. I am "meetinged" out for the day. Basically, I was in meetings today from 9am to 3pm. I did not come to the Highland office till 3:20pmish!

Now tomorrow I have three to four meetings too! By the end of the week, I shall have burned out all of my "meeting energy". Haha! My first meeting tomorrow is at 9am, and I think that will run for about an hour. My next meeting will be in the afternoon around 1:30pm. This one will be split into two portions and will go on till 3pm. After this one, I'll be heading out to my last meeting of the day which will be at 4pm. Am I trying my hardest to make myself feel overwhelmed? Very much so. At least on Friday, I only have one meeting in the afternoon.

Then Monday I have zero meetings, but I still have to finalize a few more meetings next week. So you never know! Tuesday through Wednesday my mornings are booked, and I think my afternoons will be too. Friday morning of next week is booked! Yes, I will be very happy when the long weekend is here, and I have nothing to worry about for 1 whole day!

I do enjoy what I have been doing, and it is not very hard. The thing that burns me out is what I do to myself. LOL! I am anal about being organized with my schedule and I need to stay up to date with everything I do. I procrastinate like no tomorrow when my brain has no idea what to do; nothing can make me concentrate on anything then. I will think about everything else in my life, but what I need to do. I have a lot of philosophical moments when I procrastinate, or so I think!

However, when I know what I will be doing or what I need to do, no can make me stop. I will work non-stop at times to get it done if I am in "the zone". It is like the reports/essays I would have to do in university. I would always panic when we were assigned 5000 word essays; putting them off till a month away from the due date. At the beginning, I would die of panic attacks. However, I would get them done and do pretty well. By the end of it, I had these essays down; a 5000 word limit seemed like a 200 word limit. Haha!

Good times.

Anyways, I brought homemade food today because someone had commented that I should bring some for staff. Now if you are staff and posted this comment, and did not get some - you know where to find me!

Oh and I need to start to try Gravity!

Have a great afternoon!
Simmi

P.S. Random Thought: Contingency plans. For some reason, this is what popped into my mind.  

2 comments:

  1. I think there are many of us who confused our days! But then we had deelish homemade samosas for a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Now I wonder who you might be...LOL!

    ReplyDelete