Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Zumba On!

Heyy!

So last night I went to my first registered Zumba class. Registered means that you need to be registered in the class to take it; well in advance and not just 30 minutes before the class starts. I think Zumba may be one of the most popular classes that are offered. There are 31 registered, and then we have some who just come in to get a feel for what Zumba entails. Needless to say, it was one very full room last night.Then we also had two special appearances by Mark and Rob - doing Zumba as part of their Strong Kids Challenge.

I think I can safely say that Zumba is my best class. I am not lost in the class, I can pick up the steps pretty fast, and I actually let myself have fun and not concentrate on getting the steps right as if I'm joining the army! So now every Monday for the next 6 weeks, you'll find me at Zumba at 6:30pm.

Only for Zumba does the studio room seem tiny; other days it's a pretty huge space. And I am glad that I took a corner by the door. That gave me a bit more room and save myself from getting hit, and saving others from my punches. LOL! Also because I tended to add a little Bollywood flavour to my moves; adding an extra bounce to my steps.

All in all, it was a fun class and a great workout!!

And next Tuesday we will be having a Zumba Aerobothon from 5:30-7:00pm  in the Gym as a fundraiser event for Strong Kids. When I get more information I shall expand on the details. For now I would just like everyone to know that this exists and you all should attend!

Back to work,
Simmi

P.S. Random Thought: Why is it snowing again?! Yesterday I wanted spring to come asap, but a cruel joke was played on me - it's snowing!

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried Gravity yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I have not yet. I will find out a time when I can and when it is available.Or I can interview Karen, and ask for her experience! Ha!

    ReplyDelete