Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Presentations!

Hey!

Today I did a Healthy Kids Day Marathon presentation for some of the children in our After School Care program for Spring Break. I went in during snack time, and the minute I entered the room, a lot of the kids started asking questions. They were curious about what I was presenting, and I just breathed a sigh of relief. You have no idea how difficult it can be presenting to children. And I am someone who enjoys doing presentations because I think I am pretty good at them. Very modest no? LOL!

The presentations I am talking about are the ones that you present in front of adults. Presenting to children is a whole new story. For one thing, trying to get their attention can be the hardest thing you ever do. Then you need to worry about making the information both informative and fun. However, I underestimate myself. I kept their attention, I got them to interact with me, and made it informative. I am just amazing with kids. Haha!

So I guess after presenting to the children here, I am ready to go out to the various schools. Well, I'll keep you posted - I am starting next week. It's next week! I need to Google Map how to get to these schools. My sense of direction is, well, non-existent! LOL! I have the great talent of getting lost in Prince George; I'd vanish in a place like Vancouver.

I tend to forget street names, so you should not call me to get directions. Although I am getting better at remembering the various street names. However, we should not take that chance and call me if lost!

Other than my my 5-10 minute presentation, I have spent most of the day on my research. My eyes would like to me. I have read so many papers, and my eyes are tired. Another thing relating to the topic of research is that for about 15 minutes I had a block. I just couldn't think of anything. I had the information, but I just could not think of how to incorporate it in my report.

You know how people say it was "on the tip of my tongue"? Well, here the thought was on the tip of my brain. It was driving me crazy because I knew the thought would make everything click, but it was just not forming. Does that make sense? It does in my head! Haha!

Anyways, lets see where this takes me.

Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday!
Simmi

P.S. Random Thought: I still need to find a restaurant to go to for my brother's birthday dinner which is this weekend. Help! Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment