Thursday, May 24, 2012

Boot Camp/Learn to Run: Week 9


Ugh, So I missed Tuesday nights run.

Here’s my story: So I was super pumped about my week and motivated to get going. I posted my ‘Tuesday motivation’ and I was set on working hard. I get to boot camp and my stomach isn’t quite feeling quite right but I didn’t think anything of it.

First round of cardio… Line sprints with jumping jacks in between each sprint. I felt okay after. Then we started a round of strength training and I started to get light headed…(**warning sign**). I continued the strength training round but I tried to take it easy. Second round of cardio…the Tunnel of Love. I started to sprint up the hill but stopped when I could taste the reminisce of vomit in my mouth…(so gross, sorry). Ah, so that was it, but I was still determined to finish the class. I finished the rest of the class walking the cardio drills and taking it slow and easy.

I went home sick…Like stuck in the bathroom sick. By then it was already 130 and I felt bad about calling in sick with only a half hours’ notice. So I went to work. I could only hold down a few crackers for lunch and my stomach felt really tight the rest of the day. I left work early and in my state, a run would probably be a bad idea.

I stayed home Wednesday sick. Stuck in bed… I didn’t move, and I barely ate. It SUCKED. Today I feel like I have ants in pant, like I need to get out and do/accomplish everything. I really want to run tonight but I’m not sure if it’s a good idea, perhaps I’ll just take it easy?

So that’s the story of why I missed Tuesday’s run. I feel guilty and sad because training at this point is so vital. Only 2 weeks until the Road Race! And I have a million questions as to how I got sick… did I leave that yogurt in my purse too long?, did I do one too many Yoga classes on the weekend? Was that chicken still good?... Bah but it doesn’t matter. All I need is some rest and recover! (and RUN… as soon as I can.)

Oh by the way my seawheeze gear came in the mail today. I'll post pictures later!

No comments:

Post a Comment