Monday, May 7, 2012

Learn to Run: Week 7

My week for runs looks like this.
Tuesday
10 km group -  Massey up to Ospika, left on Ospika, at Ferry, go right, cross at the side walk and run to the end of the road and onto the dog park trail, run along the trail and come out at 22nd, run up 22nd cross Ospika up to the Hwy cross and down Griffiths back to the Y 7.4 km.
Thursday
10 km group – Massey up to Westwood, left on Westwood, right on Ferry all the way to end and onto the dog trail to the end at 18th, up 18th to Central, right in front of the college and back to 22nd cross over to Griffiths and back down to the Y 8.7 km.
Weekend
10 km group - Rest run. Massey up to Vanier, left on Vanier, right on dufferin, right on Ospika, right on Massey and then back down to the Y 4.4 km.

Meaning I'll probably skip boot camp this week because of the distance (and probably intensity) of the runs.
I'm starting to get tight hamstrings, which in turn, causes pain in my knees. I don't want to over work it and not be able to run at all so I'm going to be cautious this week. On my weekend run I could only run 3 km before my knee pain took over. So I ended up walking 3km back home. I'm going to take it easy.



Only 27 more days until the Road Race... Let the countdown begin.
I need to relax and 





1 comment:

  1. I am getting tired just reading how much running you are doing!

    ReplyDelete