Friday, May 25, 2012

Learn to Run: Thursday Week 9


I didn’t make it for the run on Thursday. I wasn’t able to eat very much during the day and just getting up was making me light headed. I really wanted to run but it probably wouldn’t have been in my future self’s best interest.

I’m so sad.

But I feel better today and I’m going to go for a run a couple runs on the weekend. Also next week is our “tapering” week, so it’ll be easy runs that I can defiantly keep up with.

I’m starting to feel really nervous about the Road Race and about completing it in my goal time of 55 minutes. I’m hoping that this week hasn’t set me back and that I can continue on my Race day track. I think despite my sadness the best thing I can do is stay positive. I’ve decided even if I don’t make my goal time, that it’s okay. I will try my hardest but if I don't quite make it I can always recalibrate and try again. I won’t give up. I’ve worked hard over the past 8 weeks and have met some wonderful people. I love running again. (Almost crave it). And no matter what, I’m going to have fun at the Road Race.

Congrats to the running group for completing the race day routes last night! You guys are all going to rock the race. I hope everyone enjoys their Sunny, Beautiful, and Warm Friday.

PS. I’ll be at Canadian Tire on Saturday supporting the Jump Start Campaign. The Y is bringing a Bouncy Train J. Come out and say Hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment