Saturday, May 12, 2012

Fast Weekend Run #1


Ahhh so hard. I thought at one point I was going to die.

Graham came with me and motivated me along the way. So thankful! I don’t think I could have done it by myself. Running fast is hard and, at times, the encouragement from Graham was all that kept me going. It’s a mental, will power, mind game you play with yourself. You have to convince your mind that you can run when your legs are weak; your breath is quick, and your lungs are burning. It was really difficult for me, but the first fast run is going to be the hardest...right?

If you read my last post about my running goals then you know that today I was trying to maintain a 6:00 minute per kilometer pace. Before I started the run I was a little nervous because I knew I would have to post my ‘jog log’ and you guys would know if I had been able to do it or not. well....

Mission accomplished! 
Here is a more intimate look at my jog log



I’m so proud that I finished. I can't believe our average pace was 5:30 mins per kilometre. That was my goal for the third run!


And again, I can't believe that's the pace I have to maintain in order to run 10K in 55 mins. The thought frightens me a bit, because after the first kilometre I wanted to stop.


During the run I kept going through the arsenal of excuses I keep in my head, trying to think of a reason why I needed to stop, but I had nothing. (It’s so strange that when something is difficult, I try to think of a way out of it. That’s a pretty bad habit I need to work on. Does anyone else do that?) 


Anyway, I really had to push myself and the burn was intense, but it’s done now.


And now that I’ve done it once, I know that I can do it again. If I keep working at it, I really think I can do it! 


It's not going to be easy, but I'm going to try my best to make it happen.


I hope everyone is having a great weekend and enjoying the sun!







1 comment:

  1. Wonderful article! Your happiness and joy came through loud and clear!

    ReplyDelete