Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Learn to Run: Week 6


Soooooo, something crazy happened on Monday.
Because of      1.) Life goals,
2.) The rebirth of my passion for running (b/c of the running clinic,) and
3.) My love for Lululemon,

I signed up for the SeaWheeze Lululemon half marathon!!!! That’s a little insane right? Here I am training for the YMCA 10K road race, and then BAM, ½ marathon here I come.

Alright, it has been one of my life goals to complete a ½ marathon before I’m 25. I just turned 24…times-a-ticking. And I seriously, (never thought I would say this) really, actually enjoy running in the moment. Running use to be one of those things I would make myself do because I knew it was good for me, and it would make me feel accomplished afterwards. But because of the clinic, I really enjoy seeing my progress, the conversations, and my elevated moods; which are all a result of the running.

And after running for 6 weeks consistently, I really think I can do this. 22 k! YAH! I really think I can. I have shied away from signing up for a race before because I was scared I couldn’t do it. Or terrified I would quit. But I have this new found confidence in my running abilities and if I work at it, I think can do it!!!

So that’s my news for today. Seawheeze ½ marathon in my old home town of Vancouver. I’m going to start my marathon training schedule right after the road race. If you’re interested, I am looking for a training partner. We can keep each other accountable to the schedule. Also yesterday at the running clinic we were entertaining the idea of putting together a Prince George team. What do you think? If we get enough people I think it would be so cool to represent PG this way! Thoughts?

For more info about the Seawheeze ½ 

http://www.seawheeze.com/



1 comment: