Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Healthy Eating


So I have been writing this blog with the hopes of promoting healthy living in our community.
You have heard all about the different activities, programs, and exercises I have been doing at the Y, but not once have I talked about healthy eating or even food.

How can I have a blog about being healthy and not talk about food at all. I should defiantly talk a little bit about healthy eating, right? A Healthy life style is not only being active but a huge part of being healthy is about what you put in your body. 

Healthy eating is one of those strange paradigms to me. Most people know what foods are healthy, and what/how much to eat. But they choose to ignore it. Myself included. I never eat a whole bag chips (yeah it’s been done) and question whether it was a healthy choice or not. Of course it’s unhealthy!

I mean, I loooove food and I love to cook, but most importantly love to eat. But I want to be healthy, live healthfully, and be active. And I am currently finding a way to amalgamate these two worlds. Or in other words, live an all-around healthy life style. (Exercise, food, relaxation, spirit, soul, body and all.)

So, to warn you, I’m going to be throwing in a few post about eating, food, and how eating/food impacts our health, starting now.

I'm defiantly no expert, but luckily Graham has a degree in Nutritional Sciences… making him a nutritionist by trade. So he can be there to answer any of the hard healthy eating questions, about specific vitamins, portions, or energy pathways. But I’ll be here to share my life experiences about being a normal person trying to eat healthy in a world full of chocolate and ice cream.
I’ll share any tips I may know about healthy eating and perhaps the occasional healthy recipe too. It’ll be fun. I promise.

Also our Pinterest page has lots of yummy looking recipes I’m dying to try. Check it out http://pinterest.com/pgymca/


No comments:

Post a Comment