Friday, February 8, 2013

Aerobics!!

Hi!

So this morning I went for an aerobic workout, and was it ever hard for the first 10-15 minutes! I was like woah, please slow down for poor old me. Everyone else seemed to have no problem, it was just me. Fail for Simmi! Well, my excuse for this is that this was my very first class, while the rest were regulars. I actually interacted with the people there to find out, so you know I'm not just saying it to make myself feel better! Lol!

It was an intense and rewarding workout. I've done aerobics before, but that was a few years ago, and with an easier routine. This felt more for the pros. It took me a few minutes to get the step movements to match the beat. That is so embarrassing because I'm a dancer; I enjoy moving to the beats. It was so hard here because I was trying to follow what Neda, the instructor, was saying.

Confession: I had to read the schedule to find out her name. In my defence, she didn't really introduce herself because everyone seemed to know her. Or she may have said her name and I couldn't hear in the gym. She is subbing for Shannon. Lol, each class I've been to so far have been run by instructors who are subbing for someone. I digress.

Eventually, I caught up on this Aerobic lingo and got into the flow, and let the beats carry me off. How poetic, no? My right shoulder hates me right about now though. There were so many boxing movements and in your daily life, how many times do you make boxing movements? Yeah, I thought so.

Also, for the first 20 minutes I was really into it and doing everything Neda was doing, and HOW she was doing it. After the 20 minute mark I think, I was about to die. That is when I started to pace myself and find the pace my body felt more comfortable with. After half an hour it wasn't so bad; being able to relax my muscles without strain felt nice.

The cool down was God send. The little kinks that I felt just melted away. I felt so relaxed and refreshed. I had went in thinking it'll be like Health Yoga where I'll stretch the wrong parts of my body lol. However, here all the stretching just rejuvenated me for the day!

But  the down side is showering twice. LOL! Go to the Y, do the workout, go home, shower, and then come to work.

Now up next, in the afternoon, is Senior Fit. Hopefully, my body won't hate me too much. Well, I do have Zumba tomorrow. There goes hope out the window! My body will loathe me.

Cheers for now,
Simmi

No comments:

Post a Comment