Friday, February 22, 2013

Sore Part 1

Hey.

Notice the "." changing the "!"? Well it is to go with this entry. LOL!

My arms, my legs, my whole body is sore today, but not as badly as I was expecting it to be.

From this you must have guessed that I have either done rYpped or Boot Camp. Today's winner was rYpped. Now don't get me wrong, I loved the experience; everyone was awesome. However, that doesn't erase the fact that I am sore, and even typing at times is torture. Haha!

So lets get started about my day - starting with my morning. I woke up and the sight that welcomed me this morning was that of high winds and snow. I sighed and headed towards the kitchen to see the wonderful view of my driveway and the main road. It looked like torture waiting to engulf me.

I hate driving. I hate driving in the snow even more. So you know, I had this moment to myself where I just thought noway am I going all the way to Massey to just die. Sigh, however, I have been blogging about this "dying experience" for the past few days; I couldn't just not go. I dragged my feet along to get ready and eventually got into my car to drive away.

It took me 5 minutes to get out of my driveway! No, I was not procrastinating, though I would not have minded doing that. Procrastination was doing the deed without my even trying to help it. LOL! First I had some kids walking by towards the school, and then I had never ending traffic.

I say this with the utmost seriousness: all of Prince George's traffic was on my road this morning. If one side would let down, the other side would be roaring away and vice versa. It was a sign! It was a sign telling me that rYpped is just not meant to be. However, yours truly, did not pay attention to the sign. I finally arrived at the Y and signed up for the class.

When I got to the Studio, I had a sight to behold. It looked like my class from Step yesterday but with more additions; weighty additions. The room was already set up by the members, and half  of the side had hardcore weights waiting to be lifted. A few of the members were there and were really sweet to have helped me set up. Kim came in and I introduced myself to her and the few members also got introduced to me.

A couple of them remembered me from yesterday and we laughed at how lost I was. They were all assuring me that it's only natural and sometimes even the ones who have been doing it for years get lost too. I feel much better, no joke. I'm not a lost cause! Yet, anyways. Haha!

When they all found out that I was an intern and never had done anything like rYpped before, everyone had a fun time pulling my leg. I got told things like that the lowest level of weights start at 10 pounds; we warm up with 50 push ups; we do 30 sit ups etc. Wayta scare the intern away!

I had help setting up and someone even brought me an extra towel which was soooooo very sweet. I brought out the 2 pound dumbbells, but one of the members brought out the 3 pound ones and said that the 2 pounds do not let you feel the stretch. How wrong they were - 2 pounds were a pain! LOL!

They helped me get my bar too. Apparently they gave me the lightest bar available, but when I lifted it I didn't think it was that light! Hahaha! I was already scared, and told Sharon right as she entered the door "What did you convince me into?!" She again assured me that I'd survive.

So we started off with the warm ups that I know very well by now. Sadly, that was the only thing I did well all class. When did 2-3 pound dumbbells and the lightest bar become the heaviest things I have ever lifted?! Why must my triceps, biceps and calves hate me so? During the workout I felt the stretches, but it was after 40 minutes or so that they became sore. LOL!

As we started doing lunges, Kim went around the room to help everyone perfect them. She came to me and said I needed to spread my legs farther. I have long legs so I had to go farther and farther. Being tall sucks! Spreading farther means you die faster. Ha! During that time I didn't really feel sore, but just a "longer" stretch. I did get sore, but then I would just come out of the lunge to relax. It was only after the workout that my calves were screaming at me to die. My arms were also telling me to die after the triceps workout. Actually for about an hour my whole body probably wanted my brain to just go die! LOL!

After the workout I felt like rubber, my legs were ready to become the newest flavour for Jello! and sitting down wasn't a very nice option for a while (read: squats done way too low!). Hahaha! However, even after feeling sore it was not as bad as I had thought it was going to be. I survived, which alone is a big accomplishment. Kim and Sharon were really encouraging, as were all the members. They would tell me to switch to a dumbbell from a bar to make it easier for me and I was so thankful.

It was my very first time doing something this extensive with weights; one hour vs. 10 minutes. I think if I were to do this class regularly I'd do much better. Sadly, as there are many other classes to go die still waiting, I won't get the chance for regular sessions. However, I will try for a couple of more classes; at least try to get the 2 pound dumbbells to feel negligent as members said they are! LOL!

So try it out guys! It's fun and a nice workout for your triceps and biceps and calves. Take it slow and easy; we are not trying to become heavyweight champions - yet.

Sigh, how I missed the Stretch and Relaxation class today.....

Boot Camp, here I come!
Simmi

P.S. Random Thought: I am sore. Hahahahaha!
 

2 comments:

  1. Totally hilarious and visual description! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I just read it over, and agree with you - visual indeed!

    ReplyDelete