Thursday, February 21, 2013

Step it Up!!

And kick!

So last night I made an impromptu plan to go to Step in the morning before meeting Colleen. I've done step, but at my own pace and in a more personalized environment. Taking this into consideration, how do you guys think I did? Not great, but at an okay level? Wrong. I totally failed at it! LOL!

How can stepping on a step be so difficult? I think it took me a good 2 minutes to get the basic step up, step down routine. Even then I tended to mess up quite vigorously on my part. Haha! Now, it wasn't a total fail, but I was so lost during this one hour. Usually I get the hang of things and find my pace after the first 20 minutes, but here I was constantly thinking "okay step up; step down; go to the other side; OMG what's a lunge - oh I know this; oh no what's a curl - I know this too; what's a cowboy step; I want to crawl into bed!"

Jodie was really awesome. I think she saw me totally struggling and would go okay 2 basics, and then would go 2 more after seeing me fail. LOL! Don't get me wrong, I loved doing it; it's a really good workout where you don't kill yourself but sweat it out at the same time. I'm most definitely going back next week to get better at this. I'm just glad there was one more person who was taking this class for the first time; I had company at being lost.   

Oh and then the fancy lunges had me tripping all over the place. I think if I could do astral projection, I would totally have a wonderful time seeing myself tripping and going the wrong way. But, it was fun nonetheless! Go try it guys, I'm sure you'll all do so much better than me. LOL!

Side Note: I'm willing to try most of the programs the Y offers, except one; Cycle Fit. Years ago I had gone riding and smashed into my school fence. I came out of it with a broken nose and sprained body parts. After this experience, I just stopped cycling. So Cycle Fit is out of the question! What? I should conquer my fears? No thank you. Tell that to a child, you know, the ones at the impressionable age who will accept adult reasoning. LOL! I'd rather just avoid things that terrorize me - cycling, spiders, horror movies etc. But you guys should totally go try it and tell me how it was!

After Step, I met up with Colleen; this session was much more successful. She was happy with what I had given her, and I did a happy dance - obviously in my head! At least I'm good at this. Haha! Tomorrow I'll be meeting up with Sharon to discuss her questions after I try her rYpped class. Please do send some good wishes my way!

Well that's all for now. In the afternoon I'll be heading over to the Simon Fraser Lodge to play some Bingo. At least here I won't be totally lost. I just realized - no Aerobics tomorrow because of rYpped. I feel sad, I was getting good at it too. Well next week I'll try to squeeze it in. I'm planning to do some Bosu and TRX next week. Before I leave this position, I will get to a level that's between okay and good in all these programs; somewhere where I won't mess up so badly!

Till we virtually meet again,
Simmi

P.S. Random Thought: People, and I mean many, read my blog. This week, whoever I have met at the Y has said something regarding my blogging. I knew that this is a public blog and people obviously do read it. However, knowing the existence of something and actually being "confronted" with this existence are two different things. Now the questions that come to mind are - should I be more "professional" in writing this blog; should I give more technical information regarding the programs; what should I do? LOL! Then I think, it's a blog, it's where I share my thought and my thoughts are random. Only fair to be truthful. No? Well till someone tells me otherwise I shall just blog away as I have been doing!

2 comments: