Wednesday, February 13, 2013

ICE!!!!!

Hello Hi!

So what should I talk about this morning? Well, I had gone to the Y for Story time, and guess what? No one showed! There is a trend going on, right? Lets recount.

Group Care - Nap time: at least met half of the kids and saw what they did when the other half naps.
Toddler Care - Nap time: unscrewed and screwed chairs and loaded the dishwasher.
REC Room - No one showed: cleaned windows.
Story Time - No show: preschoolers came when I was about to leave.

At least the experiences have been amusing!

I arrived at the REC Room to find the couches being loaded on to Roger's truck. The REC Room is getting new couches; I'm excited. Other than this development nothing happened. LOL! About 30 minutes later, a group of preschoolers came to play. I watched them for a few minutes and decided to head back 10 minutes earlier than the end time for story time. As I was heading out, an army of children that looked less than 4 and I crossed paths. I thought to myself "I wonder if they are going for story time"? I shall ask Nicole if this was the case, and if it was, well I'll have a pretty good laugh!

What else can I talk about right now? Oh lets talk about how much I hate ice in parking lots. So I went to the Y and as usual couldn't find parking close enough to the entrance. I headed a bit further, and what awaited me was a layer of thick ice. I hate ice, especially when I cannot see it under the snow! Everyone that was walking up to the entrance were having a great time negating themselves on the ice (this is sarcasm; just saying lol). So at least I wasn't alone! It was a miracle that I made it, but then I realized that in an hour or so I need to head back again. Why is happiness so short lived?!

Well, coming back to the car was a bit better; I took a different route that had seemingly less ice on its' path. I survived the parking lot at the Y! However, again, my happiness was short lived. I arrived here, at Highland, and what do I see? A parking lot covered in ice. Sigh, here we go again. Icing on the cake here was that along with ice I had puddles of slush also waiting for me. Aargghhh, WHY?

I'll be dealing with ice and slush again when I go for my Fusion class. Fun fun. Spring, do come fast....

Back to my emailing!
Simmi

No comments:

Post a Comment