Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Group Care

I’m back! I think I may be the intern that blogs a bit too much; is that a good thing or a bad? I wonder.
So I just back from Group Care, and I enjoyed the experience thoroughly. Two hours of energy that saw no slowing down. I found myself just looking at their innocence and looking at the environment from a psychological point of view as well. Having taken so many psych classes, it’s always fun to see theory becoming a part of life. However, if I get into the latter aspect, it would become a term paper – and we can’t have one without proper references! Lol!
I arrived to find myself amongst children getting ready for nap time, and I thought I wouldn’t be able to stay today. However, it was my lucky day – there were two groups – the “nappers” and the “non-nappers”.  I got to go with Tasha and her group to the gym.
They went to the room above the gym where the kids had a 20 minute rest period. That’s eternity! Well for kids 3-5 it is, and I do remember times when I was told to stay quiet for a certain amount of time – it would take an eternity and more! Finally quiet time was over, and the kids could read a book and after that play with the various toys available.
One thing I noticed and smiled to myself about was how some things don’t change much over the years. As the kids began to play, you found yourself witnessing the girls becoming a group and the boys becoming another. It brought me back to my school days where this was the norm. So when they started including each other in their games, it was nice too see that things are changing, even if slowly.
I was included too! I helped one of the girls rebuild the castle after it was knocked down, held their stuffed animals for them, and listened to their stories. After that, we went to the gym and they rode around on their tricycles. I was a bit envious of them; I wanted to ride around too. Actually I wanted their energy. Three in the afternoon, and they showed no signs of slowing down!
Anyways, I got my chance to play too, and I played hit the ball on the wall with the boys. It brought back memories of many recesses where we would play it; though I do forget what we called it.  So when it was time to go back to their room, it was a bit saddening. But I’ll go back again!
 I love children, so I loved this experience. I can’t wait to see how it goes with Toddler Care which is so very far away – Thursday.
 After another nice day I’m sure I’ll survive here. What do you guys think?
P.S. Tomorrow I have Fusion. I should probably find out what it’s about before going to it…..
Bye bye!

Simmi

1 comment: