Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Zumba!!!! Edited!

Hey!

First of all, for some reason the blog would not let me click on "New Post"; it was painfully slow to load. Therefore, I had written this on Sunday but am posting it now. Well changing "yesterday" to "Saturday"-).

Oh. My. God. I actually didn't feel lost in a class! I knew what I was doing; finally.

On Saturday, I had my first Zumba class and it was fun dancing to the various songs. I was a bit apprehensive going into it because I thought I didn't really have those kind of dance moves. Youtube videos can fail you at times; shocking. So I was ready for a very clumsy class on my part. However, I knew how to do the steps!!

I've been into dancing since I was a kid, and the dance steps we were doing in class weren't very foreign to me. Well it did take me time to get a hold of the steps, but after I had gotten them it wasn't that hard to just dance away. Most of the hip movements we did were the ones I've grown up seeing in Bollywood movies! LOL! Then there was also a song that entailed some bhangra moves and that just made me chuckle.
However, as I like to be harder on myself than others, I would be like oh no just wait till this gets more difficult, but it never really did.

Dancing is one of my longest passions, but priorities changed. Why? Life happened. LOL! So going to Zumba was just going back to a lost passion and having a nice workout! I'm going back next Saturday, and lets see if I can remember all the dance movements this time!

EDIT START

LOL! I just realized that I didn't copy past the entire entry! So here is the rest.....

The class was full house; 32 people were registered. We were in one of the studios so being able to get the steps right was a crucial step in not punching/kicking someone out. Luckily, we only had one person kicked (it wasn't me, I swear!). Also, the class had women from various ages. It was great seeing some of the older women so into it and getting all the steps right.

Note to self: staying active has amazing benefits!

EDIT END

Till we virtually meet again - take care!
Simmi



No comments:

Post a Comment