Monday, February 18, 2013

Why Are Weekends So Short?

Hello hey!

Why are weekends so short? It feels like Friday was just a couple of hours ago. Sigh, the mind wonders to the long weekend schedules....when's the next one?!

So this weekend I mostly worked on the various questions. Sometimes it feels that at home I can get more work accomplished than working in the office for eight hours a day. And sometimes it's the other way around. I'm one of those people who cannot have set "grooves"; my "grooves" change as my mood changes - which is constant. LOL!

Today I have made myself a schedule of finishing up a lot of interviews; lets see how that goes. It's only 9am, so I think I'll manage. I have all the stuff organized and made my list last night. It kind of amazes me how organized I have become over the last six years.

In the first couple of years of university life I was anything but organized and this is an understatement. In my third year I realized that a lot of my anxiety is due to the fact that I don't have anything set up to tell me what I need to do by when. So I started highlighting the important dates on the syllabus and then writing all the dates down to see which ones were close by or overlapping. This reduced my anxiety levels substantially. Mind you, anxiety in university never leaves you, but if you are somewhat organized you can at least plan your anxiety attacks! LOL!

Moral of the story: Try to stay organized; even if it's with small things.

Well, I'm off to do some more work,
Simmi

P.S. Random Thought: I've been here 3 weeks already. Time does fly by way too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment