Thursday, February 21, 2013

Bingo!

Helloooooooooo,

Sadly, I couldn't yell out Bingo! this afternoon.

I went to the Simon Fraser Lodge this afternoon to help out with their Bingo time. Can I just say trying to find parking is a pain?! It took me a good 5-10 minutes to park. I was trying to find parking as close to the Lodge as possible, but no such luck. Visitor parking was completely full, and any other parking space I found was for "Physicians Only - Violators Will Be Towed". Come on, a "Simmi Parking" is a necessity. Haha! The 2 hour parking area anywhere close to the Simon Fraser Lodge building was full too. I actually made 3 rounds in the hope of a space becoming free, but no luck. So off I went a block or so down to park.

I hate the slush that is left on the roads by snow, and it was such a long walk up the road to the side walk that led to Simon Fraser Lodge. Hate. It. When I get to the building, guess what I see? Not one, not two, not even three, but FOUR parking spaces free in the 2 hour parking area. Why must life be so cruel?

Anyways, after this cruelty things were pretty fun. First I had an amusing time trying to get into the building. The automatic door would just not open, and someone was stuck on the other side; between the two doors. It took a couple of minutes to successfully get in. I found that to be a nice little adventure. Afterwards I met Cecilia who took me upstairs to where all the action was happening.

The game had already begun, but luckily it was just the first round. I helped some of the players cover their numbers, and just had fun trying to get my table a Bingo. However, we couldn't get one; always having just one number to go. We also sang two songs - You Are My Sunshine and Row Row Row Your Boat. So all in all I had fun here. The Lodge's renovations are really nice and everyone is really sweet.

Tomorrow I only have rYpped planned, and nothing else. I may not do Senior Fit this week, and just finish up some work. I have noticed one thing which makes me chuckle. Since I've started, I've been doing work on the weekend too; formatting or compiling information. It just reminds me of a school life when I'd have homework to do over the weekend. Work life is just an extension of school life.....lesson of the day! LOL!

Take care,
Simmi

P.S. Random Thought: Right now I am just hoping my car makes it the gas station after work. I have been cutting it close this time. Evil, evil gas prices!  

2 comments:

  1. What does the YMCA do at Simon Fraser Lodge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please see this

      http://www.nbcy.org/seniors/simon_fraser_lodge.php

      It'll explain what the YMCA does -). It has been about 8 years since this collaboration.

      Delete