Monday, February 25, 2013

Sore Part 2

Hello there!

On Saturday I went in for Boot Camp. Anything termed "Boot Camp" seems very scary to me, so I had prepared myself for the worse. LOL! Yes, I know, I can be very dramatic - but that's how I am! Ha!

Luckily it was beginner's Boot Camp; nothing too hardcore was awaiting me. Ramona was teaching the class, and I knew her from Senior Fit. Going into a class and knowing the instructor has such a soothing effect on me; I wonder why? Anyways, she was setting up for the class - taking out bands, dumbbells, and posting the Boot Camp schedule on the wall. I've never taken a Boot Camp class so it was a nice learning experience.

She told us to warm up by doing laps around the gym. So far so good. However, I was sore from Friday's rYpped. During class you really don't know how your body will react to the workout, it is only afterwards your body either curses you to die or thanks you for having a brain. At least that's how my experience has been so far. My thighs and calves were sore, but not to the point where I would call for my mommy. LOL!

Anyways, Boot Camp entails that we do various workouts in the hour. So the list consisted of things such as:  25 lunges; 25 curls; 30 seated rows; 75 skips; 40 supermans; 35 sit-ups/push-ups; 25 jumping jacks; 30 triceps; 45 biceps; 40 crunches; and the list went on. We would do 3 different workouts at a time and then take a break by doing 2 laps around the gym which also had options. You could do simple laps, shuffles, crab crawling, lunging, and this crawl where you would be on all fours and sort of go in a motion as if you are mopping the floor. What is it called?

I tried doing them, but decided to just walk/jog the 2 laps. I do like having my limbs in working order. Haha! As an adult I need to tell myself to pace myself. I tend to usually kill myself in a workout. Having the instructors tell you to pace yourself and go at the limit that is comfortable to you only works if YOU say that to yourself. It can be hard; at least for me it can be. When I get into the zone and start working out, I get carried away and exert myself because my muscles don't feel sore. It's only afterwards I feel it and then walk around as if something is stuck in me. And I've had far too many of these experiences! LOL!

So the moral of this story is - PACE YOURSELF! (However, the question still remains - will I learn?!)

I did the workout - the complete workout. So I'm proud of myself that I didn't just quit in the middle and carried through. However, by the time I got home and sat on the couch - I was beyond sore. Hahahaha! I could not move my body without feeling "it", and my body was ready to murder my brain for thinking I could do this and survive. For the rest of the day, I stayed under a blanket and moved as little as possible.

What have I gained from all of this? Wisdom. rYpped and Boot Camp are good workouts; one helps you work your muscles and one gives you a complete workout. However, pace yourself, especially if you are new at this. Do not do, I repeat, do not do a Simmi. Simmi paid for it, so learn from her mistakes! LOL! If these activities are something you do for the first time, don't do them together. Divide them up, your body will be grateful. But then again, I had a lot of fun. Sigh, my relationship with fitness is complicated. Ha!

I was supposed to do Bosu today but technological glitches came in the way. TRX is on my list for tomorrow. I've met a lof of members who know me by now and are always asking "So Simmi, what have you tried today?" and I find that a lot of fun. Then they ask me about what I'll be doing next and they get excited for me! Everyone who knows I'll be doing TRX have all said that it's really hard. I am scared now. LOL! Oh and one of the members has also told me to do Lunch Crunch. I'll save this for next week. I still have so many classes to try.

So till I come back, have a great one!
Simmi

P.S. Random Thought: This is totally random because I just had this thought about 20 seconds ago! I think I should do something while I'm here. Shall I tell you what? Ha! Never! Well, not until I fully commit to this thought, ie. 2 weeks or so. Send some good energy my way so I can tell you what my mind has thought of all of a sudden!




No comments:

Post a Comment